GLUCONORM G4 FORTE Tablet 15's
By Lupin Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet used for?
GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine, which is used for the treatment of high blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. This combination should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise to improve glycaemic control.
GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet work?
In GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet, Glimepiride belongs to the class of drugs called insulin secretagogues. It works by decreasing the blood glucose levels by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells. This drug also increases the insulin sensitivity at the target sites.
Metformin belongs to the class of drugs called biguanides, which acts by inhibiting the insulin production in the liver and decreasing the intestinal insulin absorption. Thus, it improves the insulin sensitivity by enhancing the peripheral glucose uptake.
How to take GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet may include:
- Extreme weakness
What are the drugs that interact with GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Mood swings
- Unusual weight gain
- Photosensitivity reactions
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dark-coloured urine
- Lactic acidosis
- Yellow-coloured eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
Frequently Asked Questions about GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet
- How should GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet available?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet?
- Can I take GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet should be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet works effectively when taken with proper diet and exercise regimen.
GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet is available as tablet and capsule dosage forms.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood sugar level is advised while on GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet.
No, GLUCONORM G4 Forte Tablet is indicated only for patients with type 2 diabetes.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.