GIT 50mg Tablet 10's
By Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is GIT 50mg Tablet used for?
GIT 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, functional dyspepsia and other intestinal motility disorders.
GIT 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GIT 50mg Tablet work?
GIT 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called gastrointestinal tract regulators. GIT 50mg Tablet acts by increasing the concentration of acetylcholine, which in turn promotes gastric motility and improves gastro-duodenal coordination.
How to take GIT 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GIT 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food.
If you miss a dose of GIT 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed.
What are the drugs that interact with GIT 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GIT 50mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GIT 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GIT 50mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sleep disturbances
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GIT 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GIT 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GIT 50mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take GIT 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GIT 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about GIT 50mg Tablet
- How should GIT 50mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use GIT 50mg Tablet in patients with thrombocytopenia?
- Can I give GIT 50mg Tablet to my 10-year-old child?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GIT 50mg Tablet?
- Can GIT 50mg Tablet be used in elderly?
Store GIT 50mg Tablet at room temperature (20 – 30°C), away from direct sunlight.
No. It is not safe to use GIT 50mg Tablet in patients with thrombocytopenia condition.
No. GIT 50mg Tablet is not recommended for children under the age of 16 years.
No. You should not change the dose of GIT 50mg Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
GIT 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in elderly because this drug may reduce the hepatic and renal function.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.