What is GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet used for?
GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain and seizures. It is also used to treat nutritional deficiencies associated with neuronal disorders.
GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet work?
In GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet, Gabapentin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptics. The drug acts by inhibiting the calcium channel activity of the damaged nerve cells and helps in reducing the neuropathic pain. Mecobalamin belongs to the vitamin B group, which provides the essential nutrients.
How to take GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet with or without food. Also, it should be taken at the same time every day to maintain consistent drug levels in the body.
If you miss a dose of GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Persistent vomiting
- Skin rash
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet.
- Avoid GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet during pregnancy because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Consult the doctor immediately if you have swollen lips, tongue or throat.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet.
- Consult the doctor immediately if you feel more depressed while taking GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing kidney or liver diseases.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Gabapentin or Mecobalamin.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet
- How should GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the overdose symptoms of GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet?
- Can I give GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet to my 10-year-old child?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet?
GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet is stored at room temperature (20 – 25OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
The overdose symptoms of GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet include swelling of lips, throat, and difficulty breathing. You must immediately seek medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of neuropathic pain. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
No, GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet should be used only by the individual for whom it is prescribed. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
Yes, GABAPIN ME 300mg Tablet may lead to a rise in blood pressure. Therefore, continuous monitoring of the blood pressure is necessary to avoid further complications.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.