Rs.348.00 (12% Savings)
Rs.385.00 (3% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is FORAIR 125 Inhaler used for?
FORAIR 125 Inhaler is used to prevent shortness of breath, cough and chest tightness. It helps in relaxing the muscles in the airway and improves breathing. This combination is mostly used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Exercise-induced bronchoconstriction
FORAIR 125 Inhaler may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FORAIR 125 Inhaler work?
FORAIR 125 Inhaler is a combination of a corticosteroid and long-acting bronchodilator. Fluticasone reduces the inflammation and Salmeterol helps in airway widening, which aids in easier breathing.
How to use FORAIR 125 Inhaler?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use FORAIR 125 Inhaler as prescribed by your doctor.
FORAIR 125 Inhaler should be inhaled by mouth using an inhaler and it should not be swallowed directly.
If you miss a dose of FORAIR 125 Inhaler, use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FORAIR 125 Inhaler?
Drugs that interact with FORAIR 125 Inhaler include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FORAIR 125 Inhaler?
The following are the most common side effects of FORAIR 125 Inhaler:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Black-coloured stools
- Blurred vision
- Noisy breathing
- Sore throat
- Swelling of the face
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions FORAIR 125 Inhaler?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to FORAIR 125 Inhaler or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Fluticasone + Formoterol.
You are advised not to use FORAIR 125 Inhaler if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using FORAIR 125 Inhaler?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases such as angina or irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, seizures, diabetes or tuberculosis.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about FORAIR 125 Inhaler
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking FORAIR 125 Inhaler?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of FORAIR 125 Inhaler?
- What are the other formulations of FORAIR 125 Inhaler available?
- How should FORAIR 125 Inhaler be stored?
- Can I take other medications while on FORAIR 125 Inhaler?
Consult your doctor about eating grapefruit or drinking grape juice while using Fluticasone + Formoterol.
No, do not alter the recommended dose. Consult your doctor if you are having any problem with the dosage prescribed.
FORAIR 125 Inhaler is available as an inhaler, blister and rotacap.
Store the medicine away from sunlight, excess heat and moisture. The inhaler must be discarded after one month from the date of foil removal.
It is important to consult your doctor before taking any other drug with FORAIR 125 Inhaler, because certain combination of drugs may cause serious side effects that worsen the condition.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.