FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection 1ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES LTD Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection used for?
FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection is used in the treatment of certain types of cancers, such as breast, skin, head or neck. It is also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and severe psoriasis.
FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection work?
FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection belongs to a class of drugs called anti-metabolites. It works by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells by inhibiting an enzyme that interferes with the cell’s ability to repair and replicate.
The action of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection to treat rheumatoid arthritis is still unknown. However, it is thought to work by suppressing the immune system.
How to use FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection with or without food.
- FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection injection should be administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-administer.
If you miss a dose of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection , consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection ?
The drugs that interact with FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection :
- Stomach pain
- Hair loss
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mouth sores
- Kidney problems
- Neck stiffness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection ?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on Methocarbamol
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medicine away from children.
What should you tell your doctor before using FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection .
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection
- Is it common to cough up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds while using FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection ?
- What are the overdose symptoms of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection ?
- Is the use of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection safe in pregnant women?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection ?
No, it is not a common symptom; however, it is an overdose symptom of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection . Please consult your doctor immediately in case you experience this symptom.
The overdose symptoms of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection include unusual weakness, mouth sores, nausea, vomiting, bloody stools, easy bruising etc.
The use of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection may cause birth defects and miscarriages. Therefore, it is not advisable to use FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection during pregnancy. However, please consult your doctor.
Yes, regular monitoring of complete blood count (CBC), kidney function test (KFT) and liver function test (LFT) before and during the use of FOLITRAX 7.5mg Injection is advised.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.