FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet 10's
By IPCA LABORATORIES LTD Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet used for?
FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet is used in the treatment of certain types of cancers, such as breast, skin, head or neck. It is also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and severe psoriasis.
FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet work?
FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet belongs to a class of drugs called anti-metabolites. It works by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells by inhibiting an enzyme that interferes with the cell’s ability to repair and replicate.
The action of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet to treat rheumatoid arthritis is still unknown. However, it is thought to work by suppressing the immune system.
How to use FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet with or without food.
- FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet injection should be administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-administer.
If you miss a dose of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet, consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Hair loss
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mouth sores
- Kidney problems
- Neck stiffness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on Methocarbamol
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medicine away from children.
What should you tell your doctor before using FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet
- Is it common to cough up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds while using FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet?
- Is the use of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet safe in pregnant women?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet?
No, it is not a common symptom; however, it is an overdose symptom of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor immediately in case you experience this symptom.
The overdose symptoms of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet include unusual weakness, mouth sores, nausea, vomiting, bloody stools, easy bruising etc.
The use of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet may cause birth defects and miscarriages. Therefore, it is not advisable to use FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet during pregnancy. However, please consult your doctor.
Yes, regular monitoring of complete blood count (CBC), kidney function test (KFT) and liver function test (LFT) before and during the use of FOLITRAX 15mg Tablet is advised.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.