FLUR OPHTHALMIC Solution 10ml
By Allergan India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is FLUR Ophthalmic Solution used for?
FLUR Ophthalmic Solution ophthalmic solution helps in relieving pain or discomfort in the eyes by reducing the inflammation. This combination is indicated for individuals with the following eye problems:
- Burning or any other discomfort in the eyes
- Decreased tear production
- Infrequent blinking
FLUR Ophthalmic Solution may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FLUR Ophthalmic Solution work?
In FLUR Ophthalmic Solution, Flurbiprofen belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents. The drug acts by inhibiting the cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) involved in prostaglandin synthesis, which are responsible for pain and inflammation. Thus, the drug decreases the production of prostaglandins and reduces the inflammation.
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose belongs to the class of drugs called eye lubricants. The drug acts by promoting the corneal wetting and thickening the precorneal tear film. It also protects the eyes by reducing the dryness and irritation.
How to use FLUR Ophthalmic Solution?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take FLUR Ophthalmic Solution as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil 1 or 2 drops of FLUR Ophthalmic Solution ophthalmic soultion into the conjuctival sac of the eye.
If you miss a dose of FLUR Ophthalmic Solution, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FLUR Ophthalmic Solution?
The drugs that interact with FLUR Ophthalmic Solution are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FLUR Ophthalmic Solution?
The following are the most common side effects of FLUR Ophthalmic Solution:
- Redness in the eye
- Eye pain
- Vision changes
- Stinging sensation in the eye
- Sticky eyelashes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Prolonged blurred vision
- Burning of eyes
- Excessive secretion of tears
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions FLUR Ophthalmic Solution?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on FLUR Ophthalmic Solution.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Ensure that the tip of the medicine bottle should not touch the eye or area around the eye.
- Avoid using FLUR Ophthalmic Solution during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Seek doctor’s advice if the redness of eyes persists or worsens.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machineries if you experience dizziness or drowsiness.
What should you tell your doctor before using FLUR Ophthalmic Solution?
- Tell your doctor if you have any pre-existing eye conditions such as glaucoma.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of FLUR Ophthalmic Solution.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about FLUR Ophthalmic Solution
- How should FLUR Ophthalmic Solution be stored?
- Can I use FLUR Ophthalmic Solution to my 7-year-old child?
- Is it safe to use contact lens while on FLUR Ophthalmic Solution?
- Can I stop using the FLUR Ophthalmic Solution abruptly?
- How long can I take FLUR Ophthalmic Solution?
Store the FLUR Ophthalmic Solution in a cool (15 – 25OC) and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
No, FLUR Ophthalmic Solution should be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed.
Yes, it is safe to use contact lens while using FLUR Ophthalmic Solution. However, you must remove your contact lenses before using FLUR Ophthalmic Solution eye drops and wait for at least 15 minutes before inserting them.
It is not advised to end a FLUR Ophthalmic Solution abruptly. Please contact your doctor if you find any symptoms that force to discontinue the medication.
FLUR Ophthalmic Solution should be used for the prescribed period. Please consult your doctor if you should discontinue or extend the FLUR Ophthalmic Solution.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.