FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet 10's
By Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
What is FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet used for?
FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet is used for the treatment of pain relief.This combination is used to relieve the pain associated with following conditions:
- Acute Sciatica
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Post-operative pain
FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet work?
In FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet, Lornoxicam belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and thromboxane by blocking the action of cyclooxygenase enzymes (COX -1 & COX-2). This reduces the pain and inflammation.
Paracetamol belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics and anti-pyretics. The drug acts by inhibiting cyclooxygenase enzyme and synthesis of prostaglandin. This reduces inflammation and body temperature.
How to take FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet can be taken with food or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents the stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet include the following:
- Sodium Thiosulfate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet:
- Pain in the lower back region
- Difficult urination
- Increased heartbeat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased blood pressure
- Visual disturbances
- Increased heartbeat
- Kidney impairment
- Difficulty in breathing
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet medicine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy.
Frequently Asked questions about FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet medicine?
- Can I take FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet while using medications for common cold?
- How can FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet drug be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet?
No. Altering the dose of FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet drug can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult a doctor before taking FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet medicine along with other medications.
FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet medicine should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
Yes, periodic monitoring of liver function is advised while on FLEXILOR P 8mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.