Rs.294.00 (46% Savings)
Rs.320.00 (41% Savings)
Rs.359.70 (34% Savings)
Rs.365.00 (33% Savings)
Rs.396.00 (27% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet used for?
FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet work?
In FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet, Cefuroxime belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporins. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby causing bacterial cell death. Thus, it reduces bacterial infections.
Clavulanate (Clavulanic Acid) belongs to the class of drugs called beta-lactamase inhibitors. The drug acts by preventing the bacterial resistance, thereby increasing the antibacterial activity and reducing the infection.
How to take FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet include the following:
- Cholera vaccine
- Mycophenolic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet:
- Gastric discomfort
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding gums
- Chest tightness
- Fast heartbeat
- Lower back or side pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet.
- Avoid FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet
- Is it common to experience seizures while taking FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet?
- How should FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet be stored?
No. Seizure is a serious side effect of FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet. Consult the doctor immediately if you experience seizures.
FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet is contraindicated incase of malnourishment and colitis.
FASTCLAV 500mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from light, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.