Rs.42.00 (81% Savings)
Rs.166.00 (25% Savings)
Rs.193.00 (13% Savings)
Rs.218.70 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ETHASYL 500mg Tablet used for?
ETHASYL 500mg Tablet injection/tablet is used for the prevention of excessive blood loss during a surgical procedure or menstrual period.
ETHASYL 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ETHASYL 500mg Tablet work?
ETHASYL 500mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called haemostatic agents. The drug acts by increasing the platelet adhesiveness and capillary resistance. Thus, it decreases bleeding time and prevents the blood loss.
How to use ETHASYL 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ETHASYL 500mg Tablet injection/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- ETHASYL 500mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of ETHASYL 500mg Tablet, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ETHASYL 500mg Tablet include the following:
- Skin rash
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ETHASYL 500mg Tablet?
Consult your doctor for the potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ETHASYL 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ETHASYL 500mg Tablet:
- Skin rash
- Pain at the site of injection
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Low blood pressure
- High fever
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using ETHASYL 500mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ETHASYL 500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ETHASYL 500mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ETHASYL 500mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ETHASYL 500mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to use ETHASYL 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using ETHASYL 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while using ETHASYL 500mg Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about ETHASYL 500mg Tablet
- How should ETHASYL 500mg Tablet injection be stored?
- What is the oral recommended dose of ETHASYL 500mg Tablet for treating menorrhagia?
- What are the contraindications of ETHASYL 500mg Tablet?
ETHASYL 500mg Tablet injection should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
The oral recommended dose of ETHASYL 500mg Tablet for treating menorrhagia is 500mg four times in a day. However, please consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
ETHASYL 500mg Tablet is contraindicated in blood and clotting disorders.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.