ESAM AT Tablet 10's
What is ESAM AT Tablet used for?
ESAM AT Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Angina pectoris
ESAM AT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ESAM AT Tablet work?
In ESAM AT Tablet, Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. The drug acts by blocking adrenaline from affecting the receptors present on the heart, which are responsible for the increase in blood pressure. Thus, it reduces chest pain and blood pressure.
S-Amlodipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It works by improving the blood flow by relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, it helps in reducing blood pressure and chest pain.
How to take ESAM AT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ESAM AT Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet .
If you miss a dose of ESAM AT Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ESAM AT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ESAM AT Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ESAM AT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ESAM AT Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Muscle pain
- Weight gain
- Mood changes
- Unusual Sweating
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ESAM AT Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ESAM AT Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ESAM AT Tablet causes dizziness.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take ESAM AT Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ESAM AT Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart rhythm problems, structural heart problems, breathing problems, blood circulation problems, kidney disease, liver diseases, and myasthenia gravis.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking ESAM AT Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of ESAM AT Tablet.
Frequently Asked questions about ESAM AT Tablet
- How should ESAM AT Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ESAM AT Tablet?
- Is it common to have a sour stomach while on ESAM AT Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ESAM AT Tablet?
- Can I recommend ESAM AT Tablet to others?
ESAM AT Tablet should be stored at a temperature between 20 - 25°C away from heat and moisture.
Yes, it is advisable to monitor blood sugar levels regularly in diabetes patients as ESAM AT Tablet may affect blood sugar levels.
Sour stomach is one of the side effects of ESAM AT Tablet. However, please consult your physician.
It is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.