What is ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet used for?
ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hepatitis B infection.
ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet work?
ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called nucleoside analogues. It works by inhibiting hepatitis B viral polymerase by blocking the reverse transcriptase activity. Thus, it inhibits the synthesis and multiplication of viral DNA.
How to take ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the face, tongue and throat
- Loss of appetite
- Tightness in the chest
- Difficulty swallowing
- Increased heart rate
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet
- How should ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I take Aspirin for treating headache while on ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet?
- Is it normal to gain weight while taking ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet?
ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30 °C) away from sunlight.
It is advisable not to take any drug while on ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet as it may cause drug interactions. Therefore, please consult your doctor before taking any drug.
Yes. You should be monitored for liver function while taking ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor for further information.
Please consult your doctor if you gain weight while taking ENTAVIR 1mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.