ELOCON Ointment 10gm
By Msd Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.141.00 (27% Savings)
Rs.170.00 (12% Savings)
Rs.173.00 (11% Savings)
What is ELOCON Ointment used for?
ELOCON Ointment is used for the treatment of following skin conditions:
- Skin irritation
ELOCON Ointment may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ELOCON Ointment work?
ELOCON Ointment belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by inhibiting the production of inflammatory mediators, such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Thus, it helps in suppressing the inflammation.
How to apply ELOCON Ointment?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ELOCON Ointment as prescribed by your doctor.
- Before applying the medication, make sure that the area to be treated is clean and dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mometasone furoate on the affected area and rub it gently.
The overdose symptoms of ELOCON Ointment may include:
- Skin irritation
- Skin burn
What are the drugs that interact with ELOCON Ointment?
Omacetaxine is the only drug that may interact with Mometasone furoate. Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ELOCON Ointment?
The following are the most common side effects of ELOCON Ointment:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin irritation
- Loss of elasticity
- Darkened skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using ELOCON Ointment?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ELOCON Ointment or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Do not use ELOCON Ointment for a longer duration than prescribed.
- Do not use ELOCON Ointment medication on the face or genital areas.
- Be cautious while using ELOCON Ointment over chronic skin infections.
- Avoid using the medication over dressings, bandages.
What should you tell your doctor before using ELOCON Ointment?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have a sensitive skin.
- Inform your doctor before using ELOCON Ointment medication in children.
Frequently Asked questions about ELOCON Ointment
- Is it safe to apply ELOCON Ointment over a damaged skin?
- Can ELOCON Ointment be used to treat diaper rash?
- Is it common to experience swelling or redness while using ELOCON Ointment medication?
- How long can ELOCON Ointment be used?
- Is it safe to use a larger dose of ELOCON Ointment for faster recovery?
Avoid using ELOCON Ointment over cuts, wounds, irritated and damaged skin. Please consult your doctor.
No. Do not use ELOCON Ointment to treat a diaper rash. Please consult your doctor.
Swelling and redness of the skin are common side effects of ELOCON Ointment. However, consult your doctor immediately if the symptoms persist or worsens.
ELOCON Ointment should not be used for more than 3 weeks. Please consult your doctor for further information.
No. Avoid using a larger dose of the medication as it may lead to skin burn or peeling of skin. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.