DRONIS 30mcg Tablet 21's
By SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
|Available substitute||2 substitute/s available|
Rs.381.50 (8% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Drospirenone + Estradiol (Ethinyl Estradiol) combination used for?
Drospirenone + Estradiol (Ethinyl Estradiol) combination tablet is used to regulate the process of ovulation. Also, it is used to treat the postmenopausal symptoms, such as itching, vaginal dryness, irritation and burning.
Drospirenone + Estradiol (Ethinyl Estradiol) may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Drospirenone + Estradiol combination work?
In Drospirenone + Estradiol combination, Drospirenone belongs to the class of drugs called progestins. The drug acts by binding to the progesterone receptor to reduce the frequency of release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus. Also, the changes in cervical mucus inhibit sperm penetration, which decreases the tendency of ovulation.
Estradiol belongs to the class of drugs called estrogens. The drug acts by binding to the target receptors and suppresses the release of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) from the anterior pituitary. Thereby, it regulates the secretion of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH).
How to take Drospirenone + Estradiol combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Drospirenone + Estradiol combination tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Drospirenone + Estradiol combination, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Drospirenone + Estradiol combination include the following:
- Vaginal bleeding
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Drospirenone + Estradiol?
Drugs that interact with Drospirenone + Estradiol include the following:
- Tranexamic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Drospirenone + Estradiol?
The following are the most common side effects of Drospirenone + Estradiol:
- Breast tenderness
- Fluid retention
- Abnormal weight change
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in the chest or left arm
- Unusual sweating
- Slurred speech
- Vision changes
- Heavy bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Drospirenone + Estradiol?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Drospirenone + Estradiol combination or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Drospirenone + Estradiol combination.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Drospirenone + Estradiol combination.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Limit the exposure to sunlight while taking Drospirenone + Estradiol combination as it can cause blotchy and melasma (dark areas on the skin).
- Avoid using nicotine or tobacco while taking Drospirenone + Estradiol combination as it can increase your risk of hypertension, blood clots and heart attacks.
You are advised not to take Drospirenone + Estradiol combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Drospirenone + Estradiol?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of asthma, seizures, migraine headaches, kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have problems, such as blood clots, bleeding disorder or unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are including grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking salt substitutes that contain potassium.
Frequently Asked Questions about Drospirenone + Estradiol combination
- Is it safe to take Drospirenone + Estradiol combination while having diabetes?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking Drospirenone + Estradiol combination?
- Is it safe to take Drospirenone + Estradiol combination while having a history of gallbladder disease?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Drospirenone + Estradiol combination?
- Is it safe to continue Drospirenone + Estradiol combination if I experience vaginal bleeding?
It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking Drospirenone + Estradiol combination while having diabetes as it can increase the blood sugar levels.
It is advisable to have regular gynaecology check-ups and breast examination while on Drospirenone + Estradiol combination.
Please consult your doctor before taking Drospirenone + Estradiol combination if you are having a history of gallbladder disease.
It is required to have a check on your blood pressure regularly, as Drospirenone + Estradiol combination may increase your blood pressure.
No. It is advisable to discontinue taking Drospirenone + Estradiol combination. Also, consult your doctor immediately as vaginal bleeding is one of the serious side effects of the medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.