Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
DINE 2.5mg Tablet 10's
By Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is DINE 2.5mg Tablet used for?
DINE 2.5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. It is also used for the prevention of extrapyramidal side effects of anti-psychotic drugs.
DINE 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DINE 2.5mg Tablet work?
DINE 2.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cholinergic agents. This drug acts by blocking the excess production of acetylcholine at muscarinic receptors, which helps in balancing the cholinergic and dopaminergic activity. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease.
It also exhibits an anti-spasmodic effect on smooth muscle, which reduces certain involuntary movements like tremors and improves the ability to walk.
How to take DINE 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DINE 2.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DINE 2.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DINE 2.5mg Tablet may include:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shallow breathing
- Loss of coordination
- Widened pupils
- Visual disturbances
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DINE 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DINE 2.5mg Tablet include the following:
- Potassium Chloride
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DINE 2.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DINE 2.5mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Epigastric distress
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe stomach pain
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Severe weakness
- Chest pain
- High fever
- Mood swings
- Vision changes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DINE 2.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to DINE 2.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on DINE 2.5mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on DINE 2.5mg Tablet.
- Avoid DINE 2.5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking DINE 2.5mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take DINE 2.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DINE 2.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of glaucoma, kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently Asked questions about DINE 2.5mg Tablet
- Can I stop taking DINE 2.5mg Tablet, if I am feeling better?
- Is it safe to take DINE 2.5mg Tablet along with anti-psychotics?
- What are the contraindications of DINE 2.5mg Tablet?
- Is it common to experience hallucinations and confusion while on DINE 2.5mg Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of DINE 2.5mg Tablet available?
No, it is advised to complete the prescribed course of DINE 2.5mg Tablet medication. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
No. Concomitant use of these medicines may increase the risk of heat stroke. So, you should not use DINE 2.5mg Tablet along with anti-psychotics.
DINE 2.5mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with closed-angle glaucoma, urinary retention, galactose intolerance and myasthenia gravis.
Hallucinations and confusion are the overdose symptoms of DINE 2.5mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
DINE 2.5mg Tablet is also available as an injection.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.