DILANTIN Injection 2ml
By Pfizer Limited Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is DILANTIN Injection used for?
DILANTIN Injection is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Tonic-Clonic seizures
- Partial seizures
- Absence seizures
- Seizures associated with neurosurgery
- Status epilepticus
- Neuropathic pain
- Cardiac glycoside intoxication
- Cardiac arrhythmias
DILANTIN Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DILANTIN Injection work?
DILANTIN Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. This drug acts by blocking the voltage-gated sodium channels. This stops the repetitive firing of action potential, which results in stabilization and reduced propagation of impulses in the brain.
How to take DILANTIN Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DILANTIN Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DILANTIN Injection , please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DILANTIN Injection ?
Drugs that interact with DILANTIN Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DILANTIN Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of DILANTIN Injection :
- Trouble sleeping
- Uncontrolled eye movements
- Swelling of mouth and lips
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased coordination
- Mental confusion
- Slurred speech
- Trouble speaking
- Abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DILANTIN Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DILANTIN Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DILANTIN Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with DILANTIN Injection .
- Avoid calcium-containing foods while using DILANTIN Injection , as it may decrease the absorption of the drug.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take DILANTIN Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DILANTIN Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of neurologic disorder, heart diseases, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about DILANTIN Injection
- What are the available formulations of DILANTIN Injection ?
- What is the overdose symptoms of DILANTIN Injection ?
- What are the contraindications of DILANTIN Injection ?
- Can I use DILANTIN Injection during breastfeeding?
- Can I stop using DILANTIN Injection if I feel better?
DILANTIN Injection is available as an injectable solution, tablet, chewable tablet, capsule, oral suspension and compounding powder.
Overdose of DILANTIN Injection include mood changes, severe drowsiness, loss of consciousness and slow breathing. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
Contraindications of DILANTIN Injection include thyroid problems, diabetes, alcohol intoxication, decreased platelets, and heart attack.
No, DILANTIN Injection must not be used during breastfeeding as it passes into the breast milk and can harm the baby.
No, do not stop the drug abruptly unless recommended by the doctor. The dose of the drug should be gradually reduced before discontinuing it.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.