COLDACT Capsule 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is COLDACT Capsule used for?
COLDACT Capsule capsule, oral drop, syrup is used for the treatment of nasal congestion.
COLDACT Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does COLDACT Capsule work?
In COLDACT Capsule, Chlorpheniramine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamine agents. It works by inhibiting the release of histamines. Thus, it helps in reducing inflammation and allergic reactions.
Phenylpropanolamine belongs to the class of drugs called decongestants. It works by stimulating alpha-adrenergic receptors, which are responsible for increasing nasal airway by binding to the receptors of the respiratory tract. Thus, it helps in reducing nasal congestion.
How to take COLDACT Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take COLDACT Capsule capsule, oral drop, syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or tear open the capsule. Take COLDACT Capsule with or without food.
- The oral drops should be taken as per the instructions provided on the leaflet.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of COLDACT Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with COLDACT Capsule?
Drugs that interact with COLDACT Capsule are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of COLDACT Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of COLDACT Capsule:
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty urinating
- Mood swings
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking COLDACT Capsule?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on COLDACT Capsule
- Do not consume alcohol while taking COLDACT Capsule as it may cause excessive dizziness.
- Individuals suffering from asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease should be cautious while taking COLDACT Capsule
- Do not take any drug without informing the doctor as it may cause adverse drug interactions.
- Avoid COLDACT Capsule in case of allergic reactions.
You are advised not to take COLDACT Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking COLDACT Capsule?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in COLDACT Capsule
Frequently Asked questions about COLDACT Capsule
- How is COLDACT Capsule stored?
- Can I take a higher dose of COLDACT Capsule for faster recovery?
- Is it safe to take COLDACT Capsule during pregnancy?
COLDACT Capsule should be stored at room temperature (15-30 °C). Keep it away from light and moisture.
No, it is not advisable to change the dose of the drug as the dosage of COLDACT Capsule is prescribed based on the severity of the condition. Therefore, please consult your doctor.
No. It is advisable to avoid taking COLDACT Capsule during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.