COGNITAM 800mg Tablet 10's
Rs.72.00 (40% Savings)
Rs.80.36 (33% Savings)
Rs.84.62 (29% Savings)
Rs.103.81 (13% Savings)
Rs.105.00 (12% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is COGNITAM 800mg Tablet used for?
COGNITAM 800mg Tablet is used for the treatment of cognitive disorders, such as cortical myoclonus and cerebrocortical insufficiency.
COGNITAM 800mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does COGNITAM 800mg Tablet work?
COGNITAM 800mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called cognitive enhancers. This drug acts by reducing the erythrocyte adhesion to vascular endothelium and facilitating the blood circulation. It alters the mechanism of neurochemicals and improves the oxygen supply to the brain. It also acts by inhibiting platelet aggregation, which reduces blood viscosity and improves blood flow.
How to use COGNITAM 800mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use COGNITAM 800mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- COGNITAM 800mg Tablet injection should be administered under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet may include:
What are the drugs that interact with COGNITAM 800mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with COGNITAM 800mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using COGNITAM 800mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to COGNITAM 800mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the symptoms of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet medicine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if COGNITAM 800mg Tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Do not use COGNITAM 800mg Tablet medication without doctor’s prescription.
You are advised not to use COGNITAM 800mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using COGNITAM 800mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of brain haemorrhage or renal impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs such as levothyroxine, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about COGNITAM 800mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet?
- Can COGNITAM 800mg Tablet be used during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use COGNITAM 800mg Tablet in geriatric patients?
- Is it common to gain weight while on COGNITAM 800mg Tablet medication?
- What are the formulations of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet available?
No. Altering the dose of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult your doctor before using COGNITAM 800mg Tablet medication, as the safety of the drug during pregnancy has not been established.
Be cautious while using COGNITAM 800mg Tablet medication in older adults as they are easily prone to the risk of side effects. The doctor may suggest for dose adjustment in patients with kidney diseases.
Yes. Weight gain is one of the common side effects of COGNITAM 800mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
COGNITAM 800mg Tablet is available as a capsule, injection, syrup and tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.