CERNOS Gel 5gm
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CERNOS Gel used for?
CERNOS Gel is used for the treatment of delayed puberty, impotence and other hormonal disturbances in males.
CERNOS Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CERNOS Gel work?
CERNOS Gel belongs to the class of drugs called as the androgens. This drug acts by activation of the certain receptors and mimics the actions of testosterone. Thus, it helps in enhancing puberty.
How to use CERNOS Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- CERNOS Gel is also available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of CERNOS Gel, please consult the doctor.
What are the drugs that interact with CERNOS Gel?
Drugs that interact with CERNOS Gel include the following:
- Insulin Lispro
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CERNOS Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of CERNOS Gel:
- Bleeding gums
- Mouth ulcer
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Temporary blindness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CERNOS Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CERNOS Gel or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with CERNOS Gel.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid using CERNOS Gel if you have prostate or male breast cancer.
You are advised not to use CERNOS Gel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using CERNOS Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of prostate cancer, male breast cancer, serious heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about CERNOS Gel
- What are the available formulations of CERNOS Gel?
- What are the contraindications of CERNOS Gel?
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using CERNOS Gel?
CERNOS Gel is available as a transdermal solution, intramuscular solution, transdermal gel, compounding powder, buccal film, subcutaneous implant, nasal gel, transdermal ointment and transdermal cream.
CERNOS Gel is contraindicated in patients with prostate cancer, male breast cancer, serious heart condition, liver diseases and kidney diseases.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for blood pressure and bone density parameters while using CERNOS Gel.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.