BRILINTA 90mg Tablet 14's
By Astrazeneca Pharma India Ltd Prescription Needed
10% Unlimited NMS Cash*
(on All Full Pre-Paid Orders)
*Cashback validity: 31 days
What is BRILINTA 90mg Tablet used for?
BRILINTA 90mg Tablet is used as an adjuvant to treat patients with heart disease. It is also used to prevent heart attack and stroke.
BRILINTA 90mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BRILINTA 90mg Tablet work?
BRILINTA 90mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called platelet aggregation inhibitors. This drug acts by blocking the certain receptors, which inhibits platelet activation. Thus, it prevents abnormal clot formation in the blood vessels and improves the blood flow.
How to take BRILINTA 90mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BRILINTA 90mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of BRILINTA 90mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of BRILINTA 90mg Tablet may include:
- Excessive bleeding
- Irregular heartbeat
You must seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with BRILINTA 90mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BRILINTA 90mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BRILINTA 90mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BRILINTA 90mg Tablet:
- Tightness in the chest
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BRILINTA 90mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BRILINTA 90mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medication causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medication.
- Be cautious while using an electric razor to prevent injury and risk of bleeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medication during breastfeeding.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
You are advised not to take BRILINTA 90mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BRILINTA 90mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of haemophilia, ulcers or nose bleeds.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before taking BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medicine prior to any scheduled surgery.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about BRILINTA 90mg Tablet
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while on BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medication?
- Is it safe to take BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medicine?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medication?
No, you must avoid consumption of alcohol while taking BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medication, as it can increase your risk of stomach bleeding. Please consult your doctor for further information.
Consult your doctor regarding the benefits and potential risks of BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy.
No. Altering the dose of BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medication may increase the risk of side effects. Therefore, do not alter the dose without medical supervision.
You must monitor your blood pressure regularly while on BRILINTA 90mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.