BIOLAC Capsule 10's
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is BIOLAC Capsule used for?
BIOLAC Capsule is a supplement used for the prevention and treatment of constipation, diarrhoea and high cholesterol levels. BIOLAC Capsule is used to improve the immune system of the body. It is also used to prevent abdominal cramps and gas caused due to the use of antibiotics.
BIOLAC Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BIOLAC Capsule work?
In BIOLAC Capsule, Prebiotics are indigestible carbohydrates, which nourishes the beneficial bacteria and helps maintain a healthy digestive system.
Probiotics are live bacteria that act by inducing fermentation in the gut and helps in controlling the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut. Thus, it helps in promoting a healthy digestive system.
How to use BIOLAC Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use BIOLAC Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule/tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule/tablet. Take BIOLAC Capsule with or without food.
- Empty the contents of the sachet into half a glass of water. Shake well to ensure that the powder is fully dissolved.
- For syrup dosage form, measure the prescribed amount of BIOLAC Capsule liquid before taking each dose. Shake well before use.
If you miss a dose of BIOLAC Capsule, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BIOLAC Capsule?
Drugs that interact with BIOLAC Capsule are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BIOLAC Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of BIOLAC Capsule:
- Stomach gas
- Abdominal cramps
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Fever and chills
- Persistent cough
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions BIOLAC Capsule?
- Avoid BIOLAC Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BIOLAC Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid BIOLAC Capsule in case of allergic reactions.
- Probiotics contain sucrose and lactose. Do not take if you are fructose-intolerant, or have galactosaemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption or a sucrase-isomaltase deficiency (these are rare, inherited disorders).
You are advised not to use BIOLAC Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using BIOLAC Capsule?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in BIOLAC Capsule
Frequently Asked Questions about BIOLAC Capsule
- Does BIOLAC Capsule treat irritable bowel syndrome?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using BIOLAC Capsule?
- Is it safe to consume alcohol occasionally while using BIOLAC Capsule?
- What are the overdose symptoms of BIOLAC Capsule?
Yes, taking BIOLAC Capsule helps in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. However, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Yes, it is advised to keep yourself hydrated with plenty of liquids (with salt or sugar) to compensate for the water lost due to diarrhoea.
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol while using BIOLAC Capsule as it may cause excessive drowsiness. However, please consult your doctor.
The overdose symptoms of BIOLAC Capsule are indigestion, bloating and flatulence.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.