AVOMINE Tablet 10's
By Abbott Health Care Solutions Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is AVOMINE Tablet used for?
AVOMINE Tablet tablet/syrup is used for the treatment of allergic symptoms, such as itching, runny nose, sneezing and rash. It is also recommended for the prevention of nausea, vomiting and motion sickness after surgery.
AVOMINE Tablet injection is used to improve allergic reactions and treat motion sickness. It is also used as a sedative in certain surgeries.
AVOMINE Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AVOMINE Tablet work?
AVOMINE Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. This drug acts by blocking the histamine receptors in the gastrointestinal tract, uterus and bronchial muscle. Thus, it blocks the release of histamine and reduces the intensity of allergic reactions.
How to use AVOMINE Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use AVOMINE Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the syrup well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup to measure each dose.
- AVOMINE Tablet injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of AVOMINE Tablet, please consult the doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of AVOMINE Tablet may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Shallow breathing
- Muscle stiffness
- Widened pupils
- Mood swings
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with AVOMINE Tablet?
Drugs that interact with AVOMINE Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AVOMINE Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of AVOMINE Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle stiffness
- Unusual tiredness
- Pale skin
- Stomach pain
- High fever
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using AVOMINE Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to AVOMINE Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while using AVOMINE Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if AVOMINE Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid AVOMINE Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use AVOMINE Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using AVOMINE Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney, liver or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about AVOMINE Tablet
- Is it safe to use AVOMINE Tablet in asthma patients?
- Is AVOMINE Tablet recommended for relieving surgical pain?
- When should I take AVOMINE Tablet for treating motion sickness?
- What are the other formulations of AVOMINE Tablet available?
No. It is not safe to use AVOMINE Tablet in asthma patients. AVOMINE Tablet is contraindicated in patients with asthma or other respiratory diseases.
Yes. AVOMINE Tablet is recommended to reduce surgical pain. However, please consult your doctor. Don’t self-medicate.
It is advised to take AVOMINE Tablet at least 30 to 60 minutes before travelling.
AVOMINE Tablet is also available as rectal suppositories and oral solutions.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.