ANDIAL 2mg Tablet 10's
By Citadel Fine Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.14.50 (27% Savings)
Rs.18.86 (5% Savings)
Rs.19.22 (4% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ANDIAL 2mg Tablet used for?
ANDIAL 2mg Tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea. It can also be used to treat following conditions:
- Inflammatory bowel syndrome
- Short bowel syndrome
ANDIAL 2mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ANDIAL 2mg Tablet work?
ANDIAL 2mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diarrhoeal drugs. The drug acts by inhibiting the peristaltic activity on the circular and longitudinal muscles of the intestinal wall. It inhibits fluid and electrolyte secretion and stimulates the absorption of salts and water.
How to take ANDIAL 2mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ANDIAL 2mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. ANDIAL 2mg Tablet can be taken with food or without food.
If you miss a dose of ANDIAL 2mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ANDIAL 2mg Tablet may include:
- Difficult urination
- Severe dizziness
- Decreased breathing
What are the drugs that interact with ANDIAL 2mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ANDIAL 2mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ANDIAL 2mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ANDIAL 2mg Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Severe dizziness
- Uncomfortable fullness of abdomen
- Stomach pain
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ANDIAL 2mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ANDIAL 2mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ANDIAL 2mg Tablet.
- Do not take ANDIAL 2mg Tablet while using other antibiotic medications.
You are advised not to take ANDIAL 2mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ANDIAL 2mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor before if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ANDIAL 2mg Tablet
- How should ANDIAL 2mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use ANDIAL 2mg Tablet while having phenylketonuria?
- Can I use ANDIAL 2mg Tablet if I have a history of intestinal infection?
- Can ANDIAL 2mg Tablet be used along with diuretic drugs?
ANDIAL 2mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of the children.
Consult your doctor before using the drug ANDIAL 2mg Tablet while having phenylketonuria.
Avoid taking ANDIAL 2mg Tablet without consulting a doctor if you have any history of intestinal infection.
Be cautious while taking ANDIAL 2mg Tablet along with diuretic medications, as it can increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.