ALLRITE DC TABLET 10'S
What is Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination used for?
Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine is used for the treatment of various obstructive airway diseases and breathing problems such as nasal and sinus congestion. It is also used to treat the following conditions:
- Common cold
- Chronic urticaria
Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination work?
In Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination, Levocetirizine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. The drug acts by inhibiting the activity at H1receptor sites. Thus, it decreases the flares associated with chronic urticaria.
Phenylephrine belongs to the class of drugs called decongestants. The drug acts by binding to the alpha receptors, which causes constriction in the blood vessels. Thus, it results in decreased oedema and increased drainage of sinus cavities.
How to take Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine with or without food.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking the prescribed dosage.
If you miss a dose of Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine may include:
What are the drugs that interact with Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination?
Drugs that interact with Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination?
The following are the most common side effects of Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine:
- Dry mouth
- Unusual tiredness
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble in breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Tightness in chest
- Pounding in ears
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine or similar drugs.
- Do not use Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine while suffering from renal impairment.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine.
- Keep the medicine Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine away from the reach of children.
You are advised not to take Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease or spinal cord lesions.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about combination
- Is Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination safe to use in patients with high blood pressure?
- What are the formulations of Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination available?
- How should Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination be stored?
- Is the drug Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination safe to use in elderly?
- How long can I use Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination drug?
No. Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine is not advised for the patients with high blood pressure.
Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine medicine is available in tablet and syrup dosage forms.
Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine combination should be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Be cautious while using Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine medicine in elderly. Consult the doctor before using the medication.
It is advised to use Levocetirizine + Phenylephrine for the prescribed duration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.