Nizral Cream 15 gm
and Fulfilled by Netmeds.com
Johnson & Johnson Pvt Ltd
No reviews yet
Write a review
What is NIZRAL CREAM used for?
Oral or topicalNIZRAL CREAM is recommended for the treatment of fungal infections of the skin such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, dry and flaking skin. NIZRAL CREAM shampoo is used for the treatment of dandruff.
NIZRAL CREAM may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NIZRAL CREAM work?
NIZRAL CREAM belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungal agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of fungal cytochrome and impairs the synthesis of ergosterol by interfering with the cell wall synthesis.
How to use NIZRAL CREAM?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use NIZRAL CREAM as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food to prevent stomach upset.
- Apply a thin layer of NIZRAL CREAM cream/lotion/ointment over the affected area and rub it gently. Make sure that the skin is clean and dry before applying the medication.
- Wet the hair and scalp with water, apply NIZRAL CREAM shampoo and gently massage the entire scalp to work up a good lather, and rinse with warm water.
What are the drugs that interact with NIZRAL CREAM?
Drugs that interact with NIZRAL CREAM tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NIZRAL CREAM?
The following are the most common side effects of NIZRAL CREAM tablet:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Fast heartbeat
- Mental changes
- Thought of suicide
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions NIZRAL CREAM?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NIZRAL CREAM or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid NIZRAL CREAM during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NIZRAL CREAM tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NIZRAL CREAM causes dizziness or blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before using NIZRAL CREAM?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to sulfites.
- Notify the doctor if you have any history of chronic skin conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions about NIZRAL CREAM
- How should Ketoconazol e be stored?
- How long can I take NIZRAL CREAM tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking NIZRAL CREAM tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking NIZRAL CREAM tablet?
- Can I take NIZRAL CREAM tablet while using statins?
Store NIZRAL CREAM at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
The length of treatment with NIZRAL CREAM depends on the severity of medical condition. Consult your doctor for further information.
Liver function test must be regularly performed while using NIZRAL CREAM.
No. Follow a regular diet while using NIZRAL CREAM unless suggested by the doctor.
No. Do not take NIZRAL CREAM while using statins, as these drugs may increase the risk of liver damage and rhabdomyolysis when used together.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.