If Anushka Knew About These Natural Mouth Fresheners, She May Not Have Endorsed Pan Masala
A recent advertisement starring Anushka Sharma in which the actress was shown endorsing a mouth freshener by a popular pan masala brand faced a lot of heat from the public.
Twitter savagely trolled the actress for promoting the brand famous for manufacturing gutka, made from areca nut, tobacco that may lead to cancer. The actress was accused of setting up double standards who is otherwise known for her vegan, meat-free, healthy lifestyle.
Mouth fresheners help in combating bad breath and they are like your quick fix for killing the odour, after a heavy meal. There are various types of natural mouth fresheners available in your kitchen cabinet and they are easy to carry. Look at the options.
Coriander seeds or cilantro work as amazing natural mouth fresheners. The flavour of coriander seeds helps in masking the strong food odours of onion and garlic that may leave you with bad breath. Dry roast coriander seeds with a pinch of salt and use this as your natural mouth freshener.
Fennel seeds are typically used as after meal bites to promote digestion. In fact, it works as an excellent mouth freshener too. Fennel seeds promote saliva production and combat with the germs causing bad breath, lessen burping and ease acidity. Munch on few fennel seeds to freshen your breath naturally.
Cardamom works as a refreshing mouth sweetener. It is used extensively in traditional medicine to combat bad breath and helps in treating various dental issues.
Chewing mint leaves is a simple and easy way to freshen your mouth in a jiffy. The goodness of chlorophyll in mint leaves thwarts the odour causing germs from the mouth. The flavour of mint leaves is so strong that the taste of minty leaves stays behind for hours together. Also Read: Pudina/Mint Leaves: Health Benefits Of Pudina Juice, Uses For Skin, Hair And Side Effects
Clove is used widely in Indian cuisine to enrich the aroma and flavour of the dish. It is also used extensively in Ayurvedic medicinal products such as toothpastes and mouthwash to ease a toothache. The presence of eugenol in clove work as a strong antibacterial agent that combats odour causing bacteria. Thus, clove turns out to be a natural tooth deodorizer.
Simple Tips To Manage Bad Breathe
Bad breath can be quite unpleasant and be an intermittent issue caused due to the breakdown of certain foods and drinks like garlic, onions, coffee, and alcohol to mention a few. The treatment should be aimed at correcting the underlying factors, try out these simple and easy quick fixes to get rid of bad breath.
- If you are a person who uses dentures, remove them at night and clean well to clear off a bacterial accumulation from food and drink.
- Stay well hydrated and swirl cool water in your mouth to freshen –morning breath.
- Eat fresh fruits and salads, as having crunchy foods increase the secretion of saliva which naturally help to cleanse out bacteria in the mouth.
- Brush and floss twice a day
- Keep up with regular dental check-ups and cleaning routine.
- Make sure to scrape your tongue with a help of tongue scraper to lower the build-up of bacteria, fungi and dead cells which cause bad odour.
- Chewing a handful of cloves, fennel seeds or aniseeds are valuable to combat halitosis causing bacteria.
- Chew a piece of lemon or orange rind for a mouth-refreshing surge of zest. The essence of citric acid will enhance the secretion of the salivary glands and combat bad breath.
- Use a fresh sprig of parsley, basil or mint leaves as the goodness of chlorophyll in green leaves helps to counteract the bad odour.
- Regularly try out a 30-second mouthwash rinse that is free of alcohol. Mix a glass of water with a teaspoon of baking soda and add a few drops of peppermint essential oil which is a potent antimicrobial agent. Don’t swallow, just swish around the mouth and spit it out.