Just like the skin, your hair also needs good care and attention. Increasing exposure to environmental pollutants and harmful toxins can strip the hair of its natural oils, proteins, and lead to hair fall. Well, eggs are the ultimate convenience food, but this superfood also confers umpteen benefits for your mane. Eggs are a treasure of nutrients such as essential vitamins and minerals- biotin, vitamins A, B, D, E, K, selenium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Egg masks serve as a sure shot remedy for all your hair woes and boost hair health from within.
With the goodness of protein and biotin, eggs can offer much-needed nourishment and shine to damaged tresses. While eggs can also avert hair breakage by strengthening the scalp from the root, thereby promoting hair growth. Egg hair masks can keep all your hair problems at bay and uplift hair volume and lustre. Moreover, the best part is eggs are readily and abundantly available.
Benefits Of Using Egg Hair Masks
- Eggs are a complete source of protein that contain all essential amino acids which are best known to promote hair growth.
- Egg white contains beneficial enzymes and sebum, that combats bacterial growth and maintain hair hygiene.
- Being a great source of fatty acids eggs helps to fend off dryness and flakiness.
- A powerhouse of antioxidants, eggs work to restore the scalp and combat free radicals from damaging healthy hair cells,
- Vast reserves of vitamins in eggs like A, B, C, D, and E avert hair fall and revamp hair follicles
- Egg yolk packed with lecithin can naturally condition the mane
- Eggs contain immense volumes of B vitamins such as B1, B2, B5 and vitamin B7, which are vital for optimal hair health and growth
- Laden with minerals such as zinc, copper, iron, and selenium eggs add volume to the mane
Regular usage of egg hair masks can replenish the hair’s protein content. Hair cells are made up of a protein called keratin, the scalp region comprises millions of hair follicles that make up keratin, which are nourished from the amino acids provided in the food. Protein holds a remarkable role in holding every strand of hair healthy. Thus, applying egg masks once a week will supply you with a daily dose of protein to maintain keratin levels in your mane intact.
Try some of these egg hair mask DIY ideas which can help you prevent hair fall and ultimately boost hair growth.
Foray this infographic for more details.