Eating organic? Great! But just what does 'organic' really mean when it comes to your food?
Government provides subsidies to poison food but not real food and we wonder why our society is less healthy than any other industrialized country and we spend way more on healthcare! What does organic really mean? Everything you ever wanted to know about what it means to be organic.
What does organic mean?
Fruits and veggies are grown without pesticides, synthetic fibre, genetic modification, ionizing modification.
Farm animals are raised without antibiotics and growth hormones.
Why does organic cost more?
• Organic food doesn’t receive subsidies like regular farmers do. Hence, the prices reflect the true cost of growing.
• These are smaller farms and so do not benefit from the economies of scale that larger growers get.
• It is labor intensive because methods such as compost application and anti-soil erosion landscaping are people exhaustive.
Health Benefits Of Organic Food
• Prevents premature aging - Fresh and healthy food contains vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants that keep your cells active
• Reduces risk of heart diseases- Study finds that organically grown tomatoes have higher levels of flavonoids, which may protect against cardiovascular disease
• Reduces presence of pesticides
• Tastes better than non-organic food
• Ensures safe and healthy world for future generation.
Foods depend on soil and water for their nourishment, and cleaner soil and water means cleaner food. It's that simple.