If you are one who tussles hard with fixing your hair fall or thinning of the tresses, then you should know about the famed miracle hair growth functions of castor oil. It is a nutrient-dense vegetable oil extracted from the Ricinus communis plant and backed by science to be potent in promoting the growth of a stronger mane.
In recent time dermatologist and beauty experts in unison are recommending castor oil as a natural solution for fixing damaged tresses as well as for maintaining skin glow.
For A Stronger And Lustrous Hair, Shop From Our Broad Spectrum Of Hair Care Essentials
Castor oil is a time-tested remedy used widely in ayurvedic medicine and cosmetic purposes in India. This pale yellow colour oil is valuable for treating damaged scalp and makes your hair smooth and lustrous.
It is not unusual to use castor oil, even Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor uses this amazing oil to get her champi session once a month. She gets herself a hair massage comprising 4 oil blends –olive, coconut, almond, and castor, which had greatly helped her in promoting hair growth and preventing hair fall.
Also Read: Hair Care: Must-Try Easy Essentials for Gorgeous Tresses - Infographic
Like other natural oils, castor oil provides hydration to your hair and scalp. It is rich in essential amino acid – ricinoleic acid that is a natural emollient for the hair. It is also rich in Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids, which fortify the hair with moisture. Castor oil helps trap moisture and natural oils in the hair, sealing it into the strands.
How Castor Oil Works?
Castor oil is a great source of ricinoleic acid – a type of fatty acid that works as a natural emollient for the hair. This wonder oil is well-known to combat inflammation and when applied to the scalp improves the strength of hair follicles, prevents hair loss, and promotes hair growth.
Packed with omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids, castor oil nourishes the hair and helps to lock moisture in the mane and seal it into the strands.
Using castor oil regularly offers striking incentives, including increased hair glow and hair shaft flexibility. Thanks to the strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial actions of castor oil, which helps in mending irritated scalps bald patches, excess oil, and dandruff.
This dense oil is packed with vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that combats oxidative stress, which is a common cause of hair fall. Castor oil is the best bet if you are looking for lustrous, smooth, long, and faster hair growth in a natural way.
Also Read: Hair Care: 5 Incredible Overnight Hair Mask DIY Ideas For A Lustrous And Stronger Mane -Infographic
Directions To Use
- Take a few drops of castor oil and gently massage into your scalp, hair’s midsection, and ends which may ultimately defend against breakage and enhance hair texture.
- Allowing the oil to sit for about two hours provides enough time for the oil to infuse well into the scalp, hair follicles, and hair shaft.
- To prevent oil drippings from staining your clothes it is best to cover your head with a shower cap. Rinse your hair well with shampoo and conditioner after two hours.
- Hair experts recommend using castor oil only once a week, as frequent usage may cause the oil to build up and result in issues like matting.
- Castor oil is naturally heavy and may be hard to remove from hair, hence it is suggested to dilute the oil with a carrier oil like coconut or jojoba oil. Besides this, blending oils also aid to lessen the fragrance of castor oil, which most people find unpleasant.
Beauty experts suggest buying organic cold-pressed castor oil as it is superior quality and bestowed with nutrients than processed ones. Jamaican black castor oil is the most popular variety made with roasted castor beans and is highly prized to treat dry, thick, or coarse hair issues.