Weekend party nights are great but if you had guzzled down a little bit of more alcohol, the next day morning you are regretting it and paying a price!
Hangovers are not fun and your body is experiencing various negative effects of alcohol like nausea, vomiting weakness, headache and making you feel worthless. To get over that annoying feeling, you should let your body rest, drink plenty of water, pop in vitamins to replenish your body of the nutrients that were lost after drinking.
Here are few tips to get over hangover symptoms:
1. Sleep Well: Take plenty of rest and try to sleep well. Alcohol unfortunately induces sleep disturbances, so try to be in the bed for at least 10 hours. Switch off the phone, turn off the lights and try avoiding all those factors that might disturb your sleep.
2. Drink water and juices: Alcohol is a diuretic and it makes you dehydrate at a faster pace. Start your day with a glass of water, try drinking fresh vegetable or fruit juices. If you are feeling nausea, nothing helps better than lemon juice.
Add a dash of lime, piece of ginger to warm water and drink it down. This is more effective than any other juices.
3. Eat Something: Hangover makes you nauseate at the sight of the food but eating helps. Bite into a sandwich, munch on pretzels, a banana or something absorbent.
4. Take a Shower: Go and stand under shower for an instant relief. This will not only clean you up but freshen your senses, thoughts and make you ready for rest of the day.
5. Get Vitamins: Alcohol drains the body of nutrients and vitamins. Vitamin B- complex pill that include B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), folic acid, B6 and B12 play a major role in the functioning of brain and nervous system and aid your body in getting over the hangover easily.
With everyone gearing up for the holiday season, we know most of you are planning for a simple home party or a get-together with your near and dear ones instead of attending a large rave in a disco. But whatever the scenario may be, for most people a Christmas or new year part is never complete without the presence of beverages specifically the ones with alcohol. As much as you enjoy the party the previous night, one thing is sure you are bound to wake up with a hangover. So, to avoid getting one, try following these simple tips:
Tips To Prevent A Hangover
Although all alcoholic drinks contain ethanol as the main ingredient, there are certain toxic chemicals known as congeners like methanol, isopentanol and acetone that are formed during the fermentation process. Alcoholic drinks with high content of congeners seems to increase the frequency and intensity of hangovers. So when opting for alcoholic beverages avoid the ones with whiskey, cognac, and tequila and go for the milder variety containing gin, rum or vodka.
Moderation Is The Key
Well, we know you might be able to steer clear of alcohol, at least consume it in moderation or go for cocktails instead of raw drinks.
Eat Before You Drink
When you drink alcohol on an empty stomach, the alcohol gets passed very quickly into your intestines and from there it gets readily absorbed into the bloodstream. Hence, without any interference, one gets drunk soon and this eventually leads to a worse hangover. But if you have alcohol on a full stomach, the food in the stomach and intestine prevents the alcohol from getting absorbed easily, thus lowering the levels of blood alcohol.
Stay Hydrated Throughout
Try mixing water with the alcohol instead of drinking it raw as it can readily help counteract the diuretic effects of alcohol to reduce dehydration, and avoid underlying hangover symptoms like headache.
Well, do enjoy your Christmas eve or New Year's Eve party but ensure that you follow these above-mentioned tips to prevent and treat a hangover so that you welcome the next day morning with a bright smile on your face instead of getting up with a headache.