Uses of Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone
Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone is used for the treatment of acidity, heartburn, gas, and stomach ulcers .
Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone: Antacid, Local Anaesthetic, and Anti-flatulence
How Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone works
Magaldrate is an antacid that works by neutralising excess stomach acid. Oxetacaine is a local anaesthetic that exerts a numbing effect, thereby providing relief from pain due to ulcers or acidic injuries in the stomach. Simethicone is an antiflatulent that works by decreasing gas bubbles surface tension, thereby facilitating gas expulsion through flatus or belching (burping). It also prevents gas accumulation and formation in the digestive tract.
Common side effects of Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone
- dry mouth
When to consult your doctor
Consult your doctor if you experience:
- allergic condition (signs like rash, hives, itching, shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, swelling of face, tongue, lips, or throat, or any other signs)
Health Tips for Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone
- Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone is not recommended for use in pregnant and breastfeeding women. Contact your doctor before taking this medicine
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone as it may lead to increased production of stomach acid, thereby increasing acidity and heartburn
- Magaldrate+Oxetacaine+Simethicone is not recommended for use in patients with liver and kidney disease. Contact your doctor before taking it
- It is recommended to take the medication after meals and at bedtime. This can help in providing relief from indigestion and heartburn more effectively
- Ensure you stay hydrated while taking this medication. Drinking water can help the medication work better and may also prevent constipation and other digestive issues