Uses of Fluoxetine+Olanzapine
The combination of Fluoxetine + Olanzapine is used to treat depression associated with bipolar disorder.
How Fluoxetine+Olanzapine works
Fluoxetine + Olanzapine works by regulating the release and uptake of certain chemical messengers (dopamine and serotonin) within the brain that affects thoughts, emotions, body movements, and behaviour. As a result, it improves your ability to think, controls your emotions and stabilizes your mental health.
When to consult your doctor
Consult your doctor if you experience:
- suicidal thoughts and behaviour
- increased sweating, faster breathing, muscle stiffness, drowsiness or sleepiness
- signs of Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (such as fever, fast heartbeat, sweating, severe muscle stiffness, confusion, increased muscle enzymes)
- fits (seizures)
- signs of serotonin syndrome (feeling agitated, hallucinations, confusion, loss of consciousness, fast heartbeat, feeling dizzy, increased sweating, flushing, tremors, stiff muscles, or muscle twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or seizures)
- feeling restless, urge to move, increased irritation
- prolonged or painful erections
- increased signs of bleeding or bruising
- signs of heart problems (such as fast or irregular heart rate, fainting, dizziness upon standing)
- signs of blood clot (swelling, pain, and redness in the le or chest pain and difficulty in breathing)