ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet used for?
ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and fluid retention. Lowering of blood pressure may reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack, and kidney impairment.
ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet work?
ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as diuretics. This drug acts by inhibiting sodium and chloride transporters in the distal convoluted tubule. Thus, it results in increased excretion of sodium and chloride. This helps in lowering the blood pressure and removing the excess fluids from the body.
How to take ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet include the following:
- Sodium phosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet:
- Loss in sexual ability
- Scaly skin
- Pain in arms, legs, feet, and hands
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding gums
- Metallic taste
- Mood changes
- Cold sweat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Increase the intake of fibre foods, as use of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet may cause constipation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet?
- What is the best time to take ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet?
- What is the standard dose of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet for hypertension?
- What are the overdose symptoms of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet?
The contraindications of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet include diabetes, high cholesterol, gout, severe renal impairment, and azotemia.
ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet must be taken 4 hours before bedtime, as it causes frequent urination.
The standard dose of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet for treating hypertension is 2.5 – 5 mg per day. However, please consult your doctor for dosage related queries.
Overdose symptoms of ZYTANIX 5mg Tablet include fainting, severe weakness, shallow breathing and decreased amount of urine. You must consult the doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.