Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
ZYROVA D3 Tablet 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
What is ZYROVA D3 Tablet used for?
ZYROVA D3 Tablet is used for the treatment of high levels of LDL cholesterol, high triglycerides, heart attack, rickets and osteomalacia.
ZYROVA D3 Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZYROVA D3 Tablet work?
In ZYROVA D3 Tablet, Rosuvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hyperlipidaemic agents. This drug acts by increasing the number of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptors on the cell surface, which enhances the uptake of LDL and results in decreased LDL levels. It also acts by inhibiting the cholesterol biosynthesis in the liver. Thus, it helps in limiting the rate of cholesterol synthesis.
Cholecalciferol is a vitamin D3 analogue, which increases the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the intestines and also stimulates the phosphate resorption at renal tubule. It also regulates the secretion of calcium into the blood from the bones. Thus, it helps in maintaining the calcium levels in the body.
How to take ZYROVA D3 Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZYROVA D3 Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZYROVA D3 Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZYROVA D3 Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZYROVA D3 Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZYROVA D3 Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZYROVA D3 Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
- Muscle weakness
- Skin disease
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Kidney stones
- Unusual lethargy
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZYROVA D3 Tablet?
- Be cautious while taking ZYROVA D3 Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZYROVA D3 Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ZYROVA D3 Tablet.
You are advised not to take ZYROVA D3 Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZYROVA D3 Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension, liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about ZYROVA D3 Tablet
- I am on ZYROVA D3 Tablet for high cholesterol levels. Can I stop the drug if the cholesterol levels are normal?
- How long can I take ZYROVA D3 Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ZYROVA D3 Tablet?
- Is it safe to take ZYROVA D3 Tablet tablet during pregnancy?
Do not stop the use of ZYROVA D3 Tablet tablet. The doctor may suggest a change in the dose of the drug if there is a reduction in the blood cholesterol levels.
The duration of treatment of ZYROVA D3 Tablet medicine depends on the response to treatment. However, long-term use of the medicine may be recommended, if you suffer from high cholesterol levels in the blood.
A regular monitoring of blood cholesterol, blood triglyceride levels and liver function may be recommended while taking ZYROVA D3 Tablet.
Avoid use of ZYROVA D3 Tablet tablet during pregnancy as the safe use of the medicine is not yet established.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.