ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule used for?
ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule is used for the treatment of high cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. It is also used to treat stroke, heart attack and peripheral vascular disease caused due to clogged blood vessels.
ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule work?
In ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule, Rosuvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hyperlipidaemic agents. This drug acts by increasing the number of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptors on the cell surface, which enhances the uptake of LDL and results in decreased LDL levels. It also acts by inhibiting the cholesterol biosynthesis in the liver. Thus, it helps in limiting the rate of cholesterol synthesis.
Clopidogrel belongs to the class of drugs called anti-platelet drugs. It inhibits platelet aggregation by preventing the fibrinogen binding to the platelets. It also acts by activating platelets. Thus, it prevents clot formation.
How to take ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Dark coloured urine
- Difficulty in urinating
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle stiffness
- Muscle weakness
- Runny nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic reactions
- Black tarry stools
- Blood accumulation under the skin
- Blood vomiting
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Paleness of eyes and skin
- Severe diarrhoea
- Unusual lethargy
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension and liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule?
- I am on ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule for high cholesterol. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How long can I take ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to take ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule capsule during pregnancy?
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood cholesterol, blood triglyceride levels, liver function and bleeding parameters regularly while taking ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule.
No, it is advised to take ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule for the prescribed duration. Seek doctor’s advice if the blood cholesterol levels decrease.
It is advised to complete the prescribed course. Long-term use of the medicine is not recommended as it may increase the risk of unusual bleeding.
Avoid use of ZYROVA C 10mg Capsule capsule during pregnancy as the safe use of the medicine is not yet established.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.