What is ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S used for?
ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S is used for the treatment of malaria, rheumatic fever, rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus.
ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S work?
ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S belongs to the class of drugs called anti-malarial agents. The drug acts by increasing the pH in the intracellular space, thereby enhancing protein degradation. Thus, it prevents the growth and development of the malarial parasite.
How to take ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S may include:
- Irregular heart beat
What are the drugs that interact with ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S?
Drugs that interact with ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S?
The following are the most common side effects of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S:
- Abdominal cramps
- Blurry vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blistering and peeling of the skin
- Chest discomfort
- Difficulty in breathing
- Discolouration of the eyes and skin
- Hearing impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S?
- Be cautious while taking ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S.
You are advised not to take ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of decreased immunity, blood disorders, eye disorders, hepatic and renal impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S
- I am on ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S for rheumatoid arthritis. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S?
- I am using ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S for malaria. I found changes in the menstrual cycle; can I continue using the medicine?
- Is it safe to use ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S for malaria in children?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S?
Do not stop taking ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S even if you feel better, as it might cause the illness to return.
No, do not alter or change the dose of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S unless instructed by the doctor.
Yes, you can continue use of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S as it does not affect the menstrual cycle. However, please consult your doctor in case of a missed period.
It can be used only when prescribed. A low dose of ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S can be used in children with malaria.
It is advised to have a regular check on the complete blood cell count while taking ZY Q 300MG TABLET 30'S medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.