What is ZOSTA 10mg Tablet used for?
ZOSTA 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high levels of low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) and triglyceride levels in the blood.
ZOSTA 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZOSTA 10mg Tablet work?
ZOSTA 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hyperlipidaemic agents. ZOSTA 10mg Tablet inhibits cholesterol biosynthesis by inhibiting certain enzymes in the liver, which limits the rate of cholesterol synthesis. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
How to take ZOSTA 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZOSTA 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZOSTA 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZOSTA 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZOSTA 10mg Tablet include the following:
What are the side effects of ZOSTA 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZOSTA 10mg Tablet:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle pain
- Nasal congestion
- Pale and dry skin
- Runny nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bladder pain
- Blood in the urine
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Severe diarrhoea
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZOSTA 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZOSTA 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking ZOSTA 10mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of ZOSTA 10mg Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take ZOSTA 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZOSTA 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension and liver or kidney disorders.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ZOSTA 10mg Tablet
- I am on ZOSTA 10mg Tablet for high cholesterol. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How long can I take ZOSTA 10mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ZOSTA 10mg Tablet?
Discontinuing ZOSTA 10mg Tablet is not advised. The medicine may be recommended for a long-term use to prevent the risk of hypercholesterolemia.
It is advised to complete the prescribed course of ZOSTA 10mg Tablet. However, in chronic conditions, such as atherosclerosis and heart diseases, the medicine may be prescribed for long-term use.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for blood cholesterol, blood triglyceride levels and liver function regularly while taking ZOSTA 10mg Tablet.