Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
ZORYL M1 FORTE Tablet 10's
What is Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination used for?
Glimepiride + Metformin SR tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes (high blood sugar levels).
Glimepiride + Metformin SR may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Glimepiride + Metformin SR work?
In Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination, Glimepiride belongs to the class of drugs called sulfonylureas. The drug acts by decreasing the blood glucose levels by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells. This drug also increases the insulin sensitivity at the target sites.
Metformin SR belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic drugs. It helps in reducing the amount of glucose produced by the liver, reduces glucose absorption and increases the effect of insulin in the body. Thus, it decreases the blood sugar levels in the body.
How to take Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination include the following:
- Lactic acidosis
- Severe vomiting
- Increased heartbeat
- Loss of consciousness
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination?
Drugs that interact with Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination include the following:
What are the side effects of Glimepiride + Metformin SR?
The following are the most common side effects of Glimepiride + Metformin SR:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood changes
- Lack of coordination
- Impaired vision
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Glimepiride + Metformin SR?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Glimepiride + Metformin SR
- Consult your doctor before taking Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination during pregnancy.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Glimepiride + Metformin SR
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid strenuous exercises in hot weather as it can affect the blood sugar levels.
You are advised not to take Glimepiride + Metformin SR if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Glimepiride + Metformin SR?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of high ketone levels, liver disease or congestive heart failure.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Glimepiride + Metformin SR
- What are the contraindications of Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination?
- How is Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination stored?
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination?
- Can I take Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination to treat type 1 diabetes?
Avoid taking Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination medicine if you have diabetic ketoacidosis or severe kidney disease.
Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination should be stored at room temperature away from light and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood sugar levels regularly while taking Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination.
No, it is not advised to take Glimepiride + Metformin SR combination to treat type 1 diabetes. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of type 1 diabetes.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.