What is ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection used for?
ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection is a synthetic hormone, which is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- Uterine fibroids
- Female infertility
ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection work?
ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection is a synthetic hormone, which is an analogue of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH). It acts by inhibiting pituitary gonadotropin secretion. This results in the suppression of luteinizing hormone (LH) and testosterone levels in the serum. In women, it reduces the production of estradiol. In men, ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection works by inhibiting the production of the testosterone hormone.
How to administer ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection :
- Decreased libido
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hot flashes
- Increased sweating
- Vaginal dryness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection injection?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection .
- Avoid ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before using ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection injection?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of urinary, spinal cord or mood problems, diabetes, irregular heartbeat, osteoporosis or any bone problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection
- How long can I use ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection medicine?
- How should ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection ?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection ?
ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection medicine should be used as prescribed by the doctor.
ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection injection should be stored in refrigerator (2 – 8°C). Do not freeze it.
ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection medicine is available only as an injection.
Monitoring of heart function, serum calcium level, and blood glucose level is important while receiving ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection .
No. Do not alter the dose of ZOLADEX 3.6mg Injection medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.