Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
Rs.55.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.57.40 (42% Savings)
Rs.59.90 (39% Savings)
Rs.66.00 (33% Savings)
Rs.66.00 (33% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ZITA PLUS Tablet used for?
ZITA PLUS Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is often used in conjunction with proper diet and regular exercise to improve glycaemic control.
ZITA PLUS Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZITA PLUS Tablet work?
ZITA PLUS Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors. This drug acts by preventing the degradation of incretin hormone and enabling the release of insulin from pancreatic cells. Thus, it increases the production of insulin, which improves the glucose uptake from the bloodstream.
How to take ZITA PLUS Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZITA PLUS Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug at least one hour before food.
If you miss a dose of ZITA PLUS Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZITA PLUS Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZITA PLUS Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZITA PLUS Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZITA PLUS Tablet:
- Increased hunger
- Cold sweats
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZITA PLUS Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZITA PLUS Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Avoid driving and operating heavy machinery while using ZITA PLUS Tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking ZITA PLUS Tablet medication during breastfeeding.
- Be cautious while taking ZITA PLUS Tablet medication if you have any history of pancreatitis or congestive heart failure.
You are advised not to take ZITA PLUS Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZITA PLUS Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of pancreatitis, gallstones, bowel obstruction, kidney dysfunction or liver problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ZITA PLUS Tablet
- What happens if I take Metformin with ZITA PLUS Tablet?
- Is it safe to take ZITA PLUS Tablet medicine during pregnancy?
- Can I take ZITA PLUS Tablet if I have a history of diabetic ketoacidosis?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking ZITA PLUS Tablet medication?
Use of Metformin and ZITA PLUS Tablet concomitantly may increase the risk of hypoglycaemia. A dosage adjustment is required when these drugs are taken together. Therefore, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Consult your doctor before taking the drug, as the safe use of ZITA PLUS Tablet medication during pregnancy has not been established.
No. It is not recommended to take ZITA PLUS Tablet in case of diabetic ketoacidosis. Please consult your doctor.
Take adequate amount of fluids and follow a healthy diet while on ZITA PLUS Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.