ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet 10's
By Cipla Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet used for?
ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet is used for the treatment of HIV infections. It is also used to prevent the transmission of maternal–foetal HIV transmission.
ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet work?
ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-viral agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain enzymes, which are responsible for the conversion of RNA to DNA. Thus, it minimises the effect of HIV infection in the body.
How to take ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet may include:
- Extreme drowsiness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet include the following:
- Valproic acid
- ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Creatine phosphokinase
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Aplastic anaemia
- Lactic acidosis
- Severe hepatomegaly
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet.
- Avoid ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver and kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the usage of ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet?
- How should ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet?
Yes, it is advised to monitor your complete blood count, lipid profile and liver function while taking ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet tablet.
ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet tablet should be stored at a controlled temperature (15 – 25OC). Do not expose the medicine to moisture or radiation.
Do not alter the dose of ZIDOVIR 300mg Tablet tablet without consulting the doctor, as altering the dose of the medicine may increase the risk of infections.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.