Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
ZESTOR Tablet 10's
By Ajanta Pharma Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ZESTOR Tablet used for?
ZESTOR Tablet tablet is used to reduce the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
ZESTOR Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZESTOR Tablet work?
In ZESTOR Tablet, Atorvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. It decreases low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and increases high-density lipoprotein (HDL). Thus, it helps in eliminating the LDL cholesterol from the body through the liver.
Ezetimibe belongs to the class of drugs called cholesterol absorption inhibitors. It helps in blocking the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines. Thus, it helps in lowering the cholesterol levels in the blood and liver.
How to take ZESTOR Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZESTOR Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take ZESTOR Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of ZESTOR Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZESTOR Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZESTOR Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZESTOR Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZESTOR Tablet:
- Stomach upset
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty breathing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unusual tiredness
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Loss of appetite
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZESTOR Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ZESTOR Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking ZESTOR Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ZESTOR Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take ZESTOR Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZESTOR Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney diseases, bleeding problems etc.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in ZESTOR Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about ZESTOR Tablet
- Is it safe to take ZESTOR Tablet in patients suffering from muscle pains?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on ZESTOR Tablet?
- Can I discontinue taking ZESTOR Tablet when I feel better?
- Is it safe to take ZESTOR Tablet during pregnancy?
No, it is not safe to take ZESTOR Tablet as it increases muscle pains.
Yes, it is advised to follow a diet rich in fibre as constipation is one of the side effects of ZESTOR Tablet.
Do not stop taking ZESTOR Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
Do not take ZESTOR Tablet during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.