What is ZEROGEN Tablet used for?
ZEROGEN Tablet tablet is used as a contraceptive for preventing pregnancy.
ZEROGEN Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZEROGEN Tablet work?
ZEROGEN Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called hormonal contraceptives. This drug acts by inhibiting ovulation process, thereby preventing pregnancy.
How to take ZEROGEN Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZEROGEN Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZEROGEN Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ZEROGEN Tablet include the following:
- Slight vaginal bleeding
What are the drugs that interact with ZEROGEN Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZEROGEN Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZEROGEN Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZEROGEN Tablet:
- Weight gain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Breast pain
- Decreased libido
- Depressed mood
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZEROGEN Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ZEROGEN Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ZEROGEN Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid ZEROGEN Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take ZEROGEN Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZEROGEN Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ZEROGEN Tablet
- What are the contraindications of ZEROGEN Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the ZEROGEN Tablet?
- How should ZEROGEN Tablet be stored?
ZEROGEN Tablet is contraindicated in active venous thromboembolic disorder and undiagnoised vaginal bleeding.
No. It is unsafe to alter the dose of the ZEROGEN Tablet. Consult the doctor before altering the dose.
ZEROGEN Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30°c) away from light, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.