Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
Rs.40.54 (22% Savings)
Rs.49.77 (4% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet used for?
ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet is used for the treatment of Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis in adults and juvenile arthritis. It is also used to treat the symptoms of ulcerative colitis, such as fever, abdominal pain, rectal bleeding and diarrhoea.
ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet work?
ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the aminosalicylates. The exact mechanism of ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet is not known. This drug is broken down in the colon by the bacteria into sulphapyridine and 5-aminosalicylic acid and exhibits the anti-inflammatory action.
How to use ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet paste should be applied as a thin layer over the affected area.
If you miss a dose of ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet include the following:
- Sodium bisphosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet tablet :
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Hair loss
- Dark urine
The following are the most common side effects of ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet paste :
- Skin rash
- Blue coloured skin
- Burning of the skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to use ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of arthritis, kidney dysfunction and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet
- What are the overdose symptoms of ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet tablet?
- What are the contraindications of ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet tablet?
- How should ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet be stored?
The overdose symptoms of ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet include seizures, severe stomach pain, persistent vomiting and extreme drowsiness.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for laboratory parameters such as complete blood count, liver and kidney function tests while taking ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet.
ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet is contraindicated in conditions, such as porphyria, asthma, and intestinal blockage.
ZEMOSAL 500mg Tablet must be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC), away from sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.