- Lab Tests
- Health Corner
XPOCEN LS SYRUP contains Ambroxol, Levosalbutamol and Guaifenesin which belongs to the group of medicines known as Mucolytics, Bronchodilators, and Expectorants. It is indicated for the treatment of productive cough with mucous for adults and children (above 6years) associated with bronchospasm (spasm of lung muscle causing breathing difficulty).
The conditions can be bronchitis (inflammation of bronchial tubes which carries air from and to the lungs), bronchial asthma (inflammatory airway disease), wheezing, chest congestion, cough, etc.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in patients having heart disease and gastric ulceration. Before taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP tell your doctor if you have lung, kidney or liver problems, habit of alcohol consumption, and ulcers in the lining of stomach or intestine.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in pregnant and breastfeeding women. XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in children below 6years of age. Consult with your doctor before taking.
The most common side effects of taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP are altered or disturber taste sensation, numbness sensation in throat, tongue, and mouth, and nausea. Contact your doctor if any of the symptoms does not improve or worsen.
It is indicated for the treatment of productive cough with mucous for adults and children (above 6years) associated with following conditions:
Ambroxol is a mucolytic agent that promotes mucus clearance by decreasing its viscosity and increasing its volume. It facilitates expectoration and eases productive cough. Guaiphenesin is an expectorant which works by reducing the viscosity of lung secretions and aids in spitting out the mucous. Levosalbutamol is a beta agonist that activates the certain receptors called beta-2 adrenergic receptors in lungs which facilitates the smooth muscle relaxation and makes airways open for easy breathing and also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Together, they help the patients with congestion, breathe freely and deeply.
Take XPOCEN LS SYRUP as advised by your physician. Shake well before use. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition.
Stop taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
Take lots of fluids, such as water or fruit juice to stay hydrated. Do not consume any medicine on your own without consulting your doctor. Ask for your doctor’s advice if diarrhoea does not improve.
Stick to simple meals. Eating oil rich or spicy foods can be avoided. Try to drink lemonade or water slowly. Ask for your doctor’s advice if nausea does not improve.
Dry mouth can be managed by chewing sugar-free gum or sucking on sugar-free hard candies to stimulate the flow of saliva. Sip water at regular intervals of time. Do not use mouthwashes that contain alcohol because they can be drying. Consult your physician for advice.
Itchy skin: Hot water makes your skin irritated, so avoid taking hot showers. Do not scratch the affected area. Use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors. To soothe and hydrate the irritated skin, apply moisturizers. Contact your doctor if itching worsens.
Try to rest and relax. Eat slowly or try to keep frequent and smaller meals. Keep a heat pad on your stomach. If the symptom does not improve or worsens, contact your doctor.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in pregnant women or if you are planning to have a baby. Consult your doctor before taking.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor before taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP.
Do not drive or operate machineries if you feel palpitation (awareness of increased heartbeats), skeletal muscles tremors (shaking movements of hand and legs) and muscle cramps after taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP.
Inform your doctor before taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP if you consume alcohol.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP should be taken with caution in patients having kidney diseases. Consult your doctor before taking.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP should be taken with caution in patients having liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take XPOCEN LS SYRUP if you are allergic to Ambroxol, Levosalbutamol, Guaifenesin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP should be taken with caution in patients having lung diseases such as cough for long time, asthma, or severe asthma attacks and primary ciliary dyskinesia (chronic respiratory tract infection with compromised airways movement). Consult your doctor for advice before taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in patients having heart diseases such as pre-existing ischaemic heart disease or having any risk factors of developing ischaemic heart disease. Consult your doctor before taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP.
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use if you:
Before taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP, inform your doctor if you:
Use in pediatrics:
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in children below 6 years of age. Consult your child’s doctor for advice before giving XPOCEN LS SYRUP to your child.
Use in geriatrics:
There is no information available on use of XPOCEN LS SYRUP in elderly patients. Consult your doctor before taking.
A. Drug - Drug interactions:
Before taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP inform your doctor if you are taking nay of the following medicines:
If you or anyone else accidentally take too much of XPOCEN LS SYRUP, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital. Symptoms of overdose of XPOCEN LS SYRUP are tachycardia (fast heart rate), low blood pressure, nervousness, tremor (shaking movements of hands, legs or body), headache, nausea (feel sick), vomiting or retching, dizziness or drowsiness, fatigue (overtiredness), sleeplessness, excessive salivation, and signs of hypokalaemia like muscle cramps and muscle weakness.
|Drug||:||Ambroxol, Levosalbutamol, Guaifenesin|
|Pharmacological Category||:||Mucolytics, Bronchodilators, Expectorants|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Productive cough with mucous|
|Dosage Forms||:||Syrup, Cough syrup, Oral Drops, Drops, Expectorant|
What are the uses of XPOCEN LS SYRUP?
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is indicated for the treatment of productive cough with mucous for adults and children (above 6years) associated with conditions like, bronchospasm, bronchitis, bronchial asthma, wheezing, fever, chest congestion, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lower respiratory tract infections (LRTI).
When should I stop taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP?
Take XPOCEN LS SYRUP as long as your doctor advised you to take it. Do not discontinue the medicine on your own as it may not lead to expected results if discontinues prematurely. If you want to discontinue taking XPOCEN LS SYRUP, talk to your doctor.
Is XPOCEN LS SYRUP safe for use in heart patients?
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in patients having pre-existing ischaemic heart disease or having any risk factors of developing ischaemic heart disease. Consult your doctor before taking.
Can XPOCEN LS SYRUP be given to infants?
XPOCEN LS SYRUP is not recommended for use in infants or children below 6years of age. Your doctor will decide the correct dose or select a suitable alternative therapy for your child. Consult your doctor.
What should I do if I forgot to take XPOCEN LS SYRUP?
If you have missed a dose by chance, try to take the XPOCEN LS SYRUP as soon as possible when you notice. However, if the time for next dose is closer skip the dosage and do not try to take the double dosage.
1. KD. Tripathi. Drugs for Cough and Bronchial Asthma. Essentials of medical pharmacology. Eighth edition. 2013. Page – 238.
2. Ahmad Kantar, Ludger Klimek, Dorotheea Cazan, Annette Sperl, Ulrike Sent, and Margarida Mesquita. An overview of efficacy and safety of ambroxol for the treatment of acute and chronic respiratory diseases with a special regard to children. NIH National Library of Medicine, National centre for biotechnology information. PubMed Central. January 2020. [Accessed 22nd October 2022] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7137760/
3. Helmut H. Albrecht, Peter V. Dicpinigaitis, and Eric P. Guenin, Role of guaifenesin in the management of chronic bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infections. NIH National Library of Medicine, National centre for biotechnology information. PubMed Central. December 2017. [Accessed 22nd October 2022] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5724298/
4. NIH National Library of Medicine, National center for biotechnology information. Pubchem. Ambroxol. [Accessed on 22nd October 2022] https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Ambroxol#section=Mechanism-of-Action
5. NIH National Library of Medicine, National center for biotechnology information. Pubchem. Levalbuterol. [Accessed on 22nd October 2022] https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Levalbuterol
6. M/s Tirupati Medicare Ltd. ASTHALIN AX Syrup. (Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin). Ciplamed. [Revised in December 2020] [Accessed 22nd October 2022] https://ciplamed.com/content/asthalin-ax-syrup https://www.ciplamed.com/content/urimax-d-tablets
7. Ravenbhel Biotech. CORDINE LS Syrup (Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin). Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. [Accessed 22nd October 2022] https://www.torrentian.com/pisheet/Upload/PI_Sheet/3058.pdf
8. US & VG Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin Syrup. [Accessed 22nd October 2022] https://usvg.in/syrup-suspension/
9. Ellanjay Lifesciences. Ellkuff – LS (Ambroxol + Levosalbutamol + Guaifenesin). [Accessed 22nd October 2022] https://ellanjey.com/product/ellkuff-ls-100ml/
Additional Discount on this product
Please get a call back from our expert
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.