What is XICAINE Injection used for?
XICAINE Injection injection is used as an anaesthetic and in the treatment of cardiac diseases.
XICAINE Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does XICAINE Injection work?
In, XICAINE Injection , Adrenaline belongs to the class of drugs called sympathomimetic agents. It works by stimulating alpha and beta-adrenergic receptors, which stimulates the heart and relaxes blood vessels.
Lignocaine belongs to the class of local anaesthetic agents. The drug acts by blocking the pain signals from reaching the brain. Thus, it helps in relieving the pain.
How to administer XICAINE Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Administer XICAINE Injection injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- XICAINE Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of XICAINE Injection , please consult the doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with XICAINE Injection ?
Drugs that interact with XICAINE Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of XICAINE Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of XICAINE Injection :
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irritation at the injection site
- Severe abdominal pain
- Fluid in the lung
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while administering XICAINE Injection ?
- Avoid XICAINE Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid receiving the medicine if you are allergic to XICAINE Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if XICAINE Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop receiving the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to administer XICAINE Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving XICAINE Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease and high blood pressure.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about XICAINE Injection
- Is it common to have fever after the administration of XICAINE Injection ?
- Can I receive XICAINE Injection for anaphylactic shock?
- How should XICAINE Injection be stored?
Yes. Fever is one of the common side effects of XICAINE Injection . Consult the doctor immediately if your condition gets worse.
Yes. You can receive XICAINE Injection during emergency cardiac conditions.
XICAINE Injection should be stored below 30°C. Store it away from light.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.