XET CR 25mg Tablet 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.150.00 (26% Savings)
Rs.160.00 (21% Savings)
Rs.165.00 (18% Savings)
Rs.168.60 (16% Savings)
Rs.170.50 (16% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is XET CR 25mg Tablet used for?
XET CR 25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder
XET CR 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does XET CR 25mg Tablet work?
XET CR 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It helps in increasing the levels of a chemical messenger called serotonin in the brain. Increased serotonin levels in the brain improves mood. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms of the condition.
How to take XET CR 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take XET CR 25mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of XET CR 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with XET CR 25mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with XET CR 25mg Tablet are:
- Ascorbic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of XET CR 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of XET CR 25mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Back pain
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle spasms
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unusual bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking XET CR 25mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on XET CR 25mg Tablet
- Do not operate heavy machinery if XET CR 25mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not take XET CR 25mg Tablet during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus.
What should you tell your doctor before taking XET CR 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to XET CR 25mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about XET CR 25mg Tablet
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while on XET CR 25mg Tablet ?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on XET CR 25mg Tablet ?
- For how long is XET CR 25mg Tablet usually prescribed?
- Is it safe to take a higher dose of XET CR 25mg Tablet for faster recovery?
No, do not consume alcohol while taking XET CR 25mg Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness.
Yes, follow a nutritious diet as XET CR 25mg Tablet may decrease your appetite.
The duration of the treatment depends on the severity of the condition. Please consult your doctor.
No, do not alter the dosage. Take the drug as prescribed by the doctor. Altering the dosage may cause adverse effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.