Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is XENOBID 550mg Tablet used for?
XENOBID 550mg Tablet is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation caused due to arthritis, spondylitis and tendinitis. It is also recommended for the treatment of bursitis, gout and menstrual cramps.
XENOBID 550mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does XENOBID 550mg Tablet work?
XENOBID 550mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins by blocking the action of cyclooxygenases (COX-1 and COX-2). Thus, it helps in reducing the pain and inflammation.
How to take XENOBID 550mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take XENOBID 550mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well to ensure the uniform mixing of the medicine. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of XENOBID 550mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of XENOBID 550mg Tablet may include:
- Severe stomach pain
- Extreme drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with XENOBID 550mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with XENOBID 550mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of XENOBID 550mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of XENOBID 550mg Tablet:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Double vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Tightness in chest
- Rapid weight gain
- Bloody stools
- Coughing up blood
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking XENOBID 550mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to XENOBID 550mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of XENOBID 550mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if XENOBID 550mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid XENOBID 550mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid taking aspirin while taking XENOBID 550mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take XENOBID 550mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking XENOBID 550mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney and respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about XENOBID 550mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use XENOBID 550mg Tablet before undergoing any scheduled surgery?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking XENOBID 550mg Tablet?
- Can I take antacids while on XENOBID 550mg Tablet medication?
- What is the usual dose of XENOBID 550mg Tablet for treating muscle pain?
- Is it safe to use XENOBID 550mg Tablet in asthma patients?
Consult a doctor for the safe use of XENOBID 550mg Tablet before undergoing any scheduled surgery.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood pressure and liver function is advised while taking XENOBID 550mg Tablet.
Please consult your doctor before taking any antacid while on XENOBID 550mg Tablet medication, as it may interfere with the absorption of XENOBID 550mg Tablet.
The usual dose of XENOBID 550mg Tablet for muscle pain is 250 mg thrice a day. However, please consult your doctor for dosage-related queries.
No. XENOBID 550mg Tablet causes breathlessness and worsens the condition of asthma. Therefore, XENOBID 550mg Tablet is not advised in asthma patients.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.