XARELTO 15mg Tablet 28's
By Bayer India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is XARELTO 15mg Tablet used for?
XARELTO 15mg Tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. It is used to prevent clot formation caused by atrial fibrillation and hip or knee replacement surgery.
XARELTO 15mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does XARELTO 15mg Tablet work?
XARELTO 15mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-coagulants. It works by binding to a clotting factor called factor Xa, which prevents the formation of thrombin. Blocking of this clotting factor prevents the formation of fibrin that is required for the formation of blood clot.
How to take XARELTO 15mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take XARELTO 15mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. If you feel difficulty to swallow the tablets whole, you can crush them and mix with apple puree or water immediately before taking each dose. Take XARELTO 15mg Tablet with food.
If you miss a dose of XARELTO 15mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with XARELTO 15mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with XARELTO 15mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of XARELTO 15mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of XARELTO 15mg Tablet:
- Unusual pain
- Slurred speech
- Difficulty swallowing
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe nose bleeding
- Prolonged menstrual flow
- Coughing up blood
- Breathing problems
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking XARELTO 15mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on XARELTO 15mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if XARELTO 15mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Consult the doctor immediately if you notice any signs of bruising or bleeding.
- Be cautious while taking XARELTO 15mg Tablet if you have a history of thrombocytopenia, haemophilia, or acute coronary syndrome.
You are advised not to take XARELTO 15mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking XARELTO 15mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to XARELTO 15mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing bleeding disorders, heart disease, liver disease or kidney problem.
Frequently Asked questions about XARELTO 15mg Tablet
- Is XARELTO 15mg Tablet similar to Warfarin?
- What are the overdose symptoms of XARELTO 15mg Tablet?
- Can I consume alcohol while on XARELTO 15mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the XARELTO 15mg Tablet?
XARELTO 15mg Tablet and Warfarin belong to the same class of drugs called anti-coagulants. The doctor may prescribe any one of the drugs based on the severity of the condition and the individual’s health status.
The overdose symptoms of XARELTO 15mg Tablet are bloody or black stools, abnormal bleeding and blood in urine. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, do not consume alcohol while taking XARELTO 15mg Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
No, XARELTO 15mg Tablet dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of the condition. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.