What is WYTROL Capsule used for?
WYTROL Capsule capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of calcium deficiency disorders.
WYTROL Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does WYTROL Capsule work?
WYTROL Capsule is used as the nutritional supplement. Calcitriol and Calcium supplementation helps in the formation of bones. Thus, it helps in treatment and prevention of calcium deficiency disorders.
Zinc is used as a supplement. It acts by supplementing zinc to the human body, thereby enhancing the normal functioning of the body. It also helps in preventing diseases.
How to take WYTROL Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take WYTROL Capsule capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
If you miss a dose of WYTROL Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with WYTROL Capsule?
Drugs that interact with WYTROL Capsule include the following:
- Aluminium hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of WYTROL Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of WYTROL Capsule:
- Dry mouth
- Metallic taste
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dehydration
- Urinary tract infection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking WYTROL Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to WYTROL Capsule or similar drugs.
- Consume plenty of water while taking WYTROL Capsule.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of WYTROL Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- It is advised to take fibre-rich foods, such as lentils, apples and oatmeal to avoid constipation.
You are advised not to take WYTROL Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking WYTROL Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypercalcemia (elevated calcium levels).
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about WYTROL Capsule
- How should WYTROL Capsule be stored?
- Is it safe to take WYTROL Capsule during pregnancy?
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking WYTROL Capsule?
It should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30°c) away from moisture, heat and light.
No. It is advised to discuss the potential risks and benefits with your physician before starting the medication.
Yes, it is advised to monitor serum calcium levels regularly while taking WYTROL Capsule.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.